Praying in the ancient form of Lectio Divina is a wonderful way to allow the Lord to speak to us through His Sacred Word in Scripture. We have groups that meet on Mondays @ 6 pm; and Tuesdays @ 10 am. All are welcome!
STEPS FOR LECTIO DIVINA
- Read (Lectio) - Read a passage of Scripture and listen with the ear of your heart for a word or phrases that stands out.
- Reflect (Meditatio) - Read the same passage again and meditate on the word or phrase that the Lord is giving you.
- Respond (Oratio) - Read the same passage a third time continuing to listen to the word or phrase. Offer a prayer that arises from this reflection.
- Rest (Contemplatio) - Read the passage one last time. Simply sit and listen. Rest in God’s presence.
- Run (Actio) - Discern what insight the Lord has given you and how He wants you to put this into action.
Lectio Divina Prayers Archive